Barrie, Ontario…the perfect place to call home.
Located an hour north of the Greater Toronto Area and south of cottage country, Barrie offers you the best of all worlds. A vibrant, attractive city, Barrie is small town friendly with all the amenities of a large city.
With its 90+ parks, beautiful Kempenfelt Bay shoreline, swimmable beaches, ski resorts, and active music and performing arts groups, Barrie has something for everyone.
Just starting out, or looking for a family-friendly place to live? Here are more reasons to choose Barrie:
- With its lower cost of living and diverse range of affordable housing options, Barrie was named “3rd Best Place to Invest in Ontario Real Estate” in 2014.
- In 2014, Barrie was named the “Safest City in Canada” by Statistics Canada.
- With room for your family to grow, Barrie is home to one of the youngest populations in Canada.
- Warm and welcoming, Barrie boasts a community spirit second to none.
- From pre-school to post secondary, Barrie offers a wide range of options including public, separate, private and bilingual education.
- Barrie’s Royal Victoria Hospital recently completed a $450-million expansion to create a world-class healthcare facility.
- Love to shop? Barrie offers great shopping with Georgian Mall, Park Place and much more.
- Live to golf? You’ll find a wide selection of excellent golf courses in Barrie and surrounding areas.
Barrie Quick Facts:
- Population 143,000
- Perched on the shores of beautiful Kempenfelt Bay
- Over 300 hectares of parkland
- A wide choice of music festivals, live theatre and performing arts
- Tons of sports and adventure events – year round
- Home of the Barrie Colts Hockey Team
- Minutes from Georgian Downs and horse racing
- Kempenfest, the largest arts and crafts festival in North America
Check out these links to find the right school for your family in city of Barrie.